Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fireplace tile design

This month is filled with pressure, as we must finalize countless selections to keep the project from getting behind. Most homeowner can ask their contractors, "Are we on schedule?" Me, I don't dare, because the answer is, "Are you on schedule?" And I'm not exactly.

This morning, I worked with a tile designer for almost 3 hours to set up the bathroom tile order -- and that's with the tile already selected and layouts already done! That's huge.

Then I met with the kitchen designer, and we finalized the kitchen backsplash, niche detail and corresponding family room fireplace , final layout coming tomorrow. That's huger!

The last big design bugaboo is the living room fireplace. Here's the old living room fireplace:


It was partially demolished last week to this:


And today I got a beautiful design from our architect/designer, who said she really had fun with this. We're both delighted. This time, picking tile will be fun.


My 6-year-old says it looks like it has eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment