Thursday, January 1, 2009

Sliding Door Backward

Damn. This sliding door opens on the wrong side.

That corner on the left with the window is where I'd planned to put a guest bed, and I knew it would have to jut out and block the left side of that sliding door a little (with the red diamond sticker still on it). Fine, if it's blocking the inoperable side, which is really just a giant window.

But I noticed today, for the first time since it was installed months ago, that there are drill holes on the left for a handle. What?! The left side is supposed to be fixed,and the right side is supposed to slide open....nope, the right side is fixed. Damn!


First thing I did when I got home was to check the door order. There it was, my initials on the order, with the fixed section on the left side as I expected....oh no! As viewed from the exterior. Damn!

My affinity for doors, windows, built-ins, niches and nooks has taken a serious toll on wall space for furniture. I'm not sure where we're going to put everything. Anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment